How to maintain vitamin C at a healthy level and prevent vitamin C deficiency?
– Eat food rich in vitamin C like guavas, bell peppers, strawberries, cantaloupe melon, longan fruit, beef spleen, brussels sprouts, lemon, lime, grapefruit, pineapple, kale, papaya, orange, broccoli, and blackcurrant.
– Treat medical conditions that affect vitamin C absorption.
– Avoid alcohol consumption.
– Avoid drinking coffee and tea 2 hours before meals and after.
– Avoid smoking and sitting with smokers as smoking decreases vitamin C levels.
– Smokers and passive smokers should increase their daily vitamin C intake.
– Drink fresh fruit juices and avoid exposing vitamin C sources to light and heat.