Back to Top
How to maintain vitamin E at a healthy level and prevent vitamin E deficiency?
- Eat fat-rich food such as sunflower seeds, almonds, avocados, olive oil, salmon, shrimp, hazelnuts and coconut oil as fat-rich food increase absorption of fat-soluble vitamins including vitamin E.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables that contain high levels of vitamin E like spinach, broccoli, jalapeno peppers, kiwis, tortilla chips, tofu, butternut squash, trout, kale, swiss chard, parsley, turnip greens, and mustard greens.
- Treat medical conditions that affect vitamin E absorption.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Avoid drinking coffee and tea 2 hours before meals and after.
- Avoid smoking and sitting with smokers as smoking decreases vitamin E levels.
- Smokers and passive smokers should increase their daily vitamin E intake.
- For best vitamin E oil results, it should be applied at night for whole hair length specially the cuticles. Also, you can add vitamin E oil to a cream or lotion to increase its antioxidants effect.