How to maintain magnesium at a healthy level and prevent magnesium deficiency?
– Eat food that rich in magnesium like green vegetable including: spinach, broccoli, basil, chives, dill, okra, chard and lettuce, whole grains including: wheat, barley, oats and rice, nuts and seeds including: almonds, peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, pine nuts, sesame seeds, flax seeds, watermelon seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, dark chocolate avocado, soy products, beans, legumes and fortified food.
– Treat and prevent vitamin D deficiency by daily exposure to the sun, especially during midday for 10 to 30 mins, maintain healthy body weight with outdoor walk or jogging to get your daily exercise and sun exposure.
– Treat any medical condition that affects magnesium metabolism.
– Use magnesium supplements, specially in people how are at risk of magnesium deficiency as pregnant and breastfeeding women.
– Talk to your doctor if you have a family history of osteoporosis.
– Avoid calcium and zinc-rich food for 2 hours before or after magnesium-rich meals.
– Avoid drinking coffee and tea after meals.